Thursday, July 31, 2008

So, our latest adventure was a camping trip with the Fords.  We drove all the way to Yellowstone!  Well, Yellowstone Lake, Wisconsin that is!  By the time we got there, we felt like we had driven all the way to Wyoming however.  We enjoyed the traditional campfire activities, s'mores, singing, and trying not to worry too much about children poking each other's eyes out with marshmallow-roasting sticks.
 
Here is Steve playing the tunes...
and here is Tyler through a curtain of smoke...
s
After a decent night's sleep... (I must pause here to share the mystery of sleeping children.  How is it that you can lay three little boys out in their sleeping bags, each side by side, and wake up in the morning to find that they have all traded places, some are even vertical instead of horizontal!  Do they roll right over top of each other and don't even notice?  Do they play musical sleeping bags in the night?  Next time I think I will bring a camera and record the boys sleeping, I think it would be more entertaining than you might suppose!) oh yes, after sleeping on the hard and rocky earth, we hit the sand and the water.

Sydney especially enjoyed playing in the sand with this borrowed shovel...


But, when the owner of the beloved little yellow shovel had to go home,  it was not pretty.  This is what followed...
and then this...
It takes a lot of energy to throw a really good tantrum, I usually enjoy a good nap afterwards too!

6 comments:

Allens, Inc. said...

I'd like to know when your kids got so BIG! They are all wonderful. We love our Gordon friends and are sad that you live so far away. It just means we have another vacation spot we'll have to hit someday. Keep up the posting--it's fun to get (and see) the updates!

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures of your vacationing kids! They are adorable! I especially enjoy the red-head tantrum, mostly because I can completely relate (to both you and Sydney!). It was great to see you for your visit out here. Keep up the great blog and maybe someday I can be brave enough to do one too!

Jenni said...

Nice picture Thanks.

Grammy Rae said...

Yeah! Lots of pictures! Thanks!!! See you soon.

Goodkids said...

Kelli Ann! The blog is great and the kids are even greater. I still haven't ever seen Sydney in person, but I can tell that she is a gorgeous child. Your boys are gorgeous, too. It was so fun to be with you when you guys came to Utah. I say the next time you come out, we should have Heather and Jen bring up Craigo's breadsticks in some coolers. Maybe we could do a little afghaning/Remington watching while we're at it!!

Love ya tons,
Deb

Norris Fam said...

I'm so glad you started a blog! It is soooo great to see pics of our favorite former downstairs neighbors!

Your kids are so big I wouldn't even recognize them if I passed them on the street :)