Monday, October 13, 2008

You've Had a Birthday, Shout Hooray!

Well, despite my efforts and feelings on the matter, Sydney decided to go ahead and turn two today!  She has been practicing being two for several months, but today it is official! She is obviously a little confused on her age, because when asked how old she is, she holds up two or three fingers (depending on how well they are cooperating at the time) and says "three!"  I will say to her, "can you say two?"  "Three!"  I suppose we will get there!  
Here in Illinois we celebrate Columbus Day with a day off of school, some people even get the day off of work!  So, we took advantage of that and made a trip to the Pumpkin Farm to celebrate Syd's birthday.  We took a trip through the corn maze (this had Sam a little nervous) and we made it out!  Then we looked for some pumpkins.  The weather was perfect and we had a great time!
We also found this cute pig out among the pumpkins, he didn't like being called cute however!
After our trip to the pumpkin farm, we had some Elmo cake and Sydney opened some presents. Steve and I are still adjusting to this little girl thing, but we had fun looking at all of the "girlie" toys.  The boys were especially cute when searching for the perfect gift for their favorite little sister.


I think Sydney's favorite thing of all was this card from Grandma!  She kept opening it and looking at the pictures.  Thanks Grandma!



5 comments:

Jenni said...

Happy Birthday Sydney!! What a cutie!!

Kristen said...

Happy Birthday to Sydney! It looks like you had fun at the pumpkin farm - we love it there :) Did Steve have the day off work? What a fun way to celebrate :)

Anonymous said...

Looks like everyone had a fun day.
The last 2 years have gone by to fast. It seems like yesterday we were there when she was born
Happy birthday
Grandma

Norris Fam said...

CUTE! CUTE! CUTE! I LOVE two year olds! Great pictures too..

sherry said...

Okay so my cute red head is growing up with out me. She is so cute I wish I could see her everyday.