The other day I received a CD in the mail from my very cool brother Rob. I have been looking forward to this CD, and was not disappointed when I sat down and started looking at hundreds of old pictures from the time my parents got married up until I was about six or seven (I think). That's a good 25 years (give or take) of pictures of my family growing up, many of them I have never seen before. I haven't been through all of them yet, but I had to share some favorites. First, was an observation I made... there seems to be a certain theme among the pictures that were taken, can you see what I am referring to?












So I started to notice that there were all these pictures of my siblings with really cool cars. I began to wonder, "Are there any pictures of me with a really cool car?" And this is what I found: me, with a station wagon. Come on! You can see that even at the time of the picture I was pretty offended by this! (By the way Carrie, notice anyone you know in that picture?)

Here were a few more of my favorites. I absolutely love this one of Mom. I enjoyed seeing pictures of Mom in the same stage of life as I am now. There is something about the look on her face, and the informality of this picture that I just love!

Mom riding the waves!!!

This is so RaeAnne!

I just thought this was a classic...

... as well as this one...

I love this picture for many reasons, but largely because I am just grateful to be a part of it!

6 comments:
ha ha ha so funny, do you think that dad of ours likes cars??
don't we have a great brother to do such a awesome cd for us....
Kelli- those are so cute. Your family is amazing. I have many happy memories that involve your family. I wondered if Danelle would be in one of them... I think she was at your house more than ours.
Diane, she is in the one with the station wagon!!
I've been tagging the pictures and realized that one of them needed to be "car," because there are just so many pictures of them. There are a lot of memories tied to them. The purple station wagon had a swamp cooler and stickers on the window from the places we visited. If you put down the back seat, there was a cubby hole you could hide in. I bet most of my siblings could tell me which car had the "green button," where it was found, and what it did. One of my favorites was the International Harvester jeep that Dad bought. One Sunday evening we took a drive up the canyon with all the kids in the back. Naturally we had to do some four wheeling and found ourselves on a path that was pretty close to 90 degrees to horizontal. We kids were sliding toward the back hatch screaming and laughing, while Mom was in the front seat just doing the screaming part. I don't remember ever doing that again. My favorite, I think, was the black/silver/red VolksWagen that we had for so long. I went from sitting in the storage area behind the back seat to driving it around the mountains around Lake Chelan. Yeah, Dad likes cars. His current one has dual exhaust! Ask him about it sometime.
Those are some awesome cars...including that way cool station wagon (and Danelle of course)! If I had 3 VW Bugs I'd take a picture by them too :)
Post a Comment