Thursday, October 29, 2009

When Little Boys Write Fairy Tales..

Tyler had an assignment at school, and these were the instructions...
"Think of a fairy tale that you know. Plan to tell your own version of it."
Well, here is Tyler's version of The Princess and the Pea...

"Once there was a prince and he found a castle and saw a Princess and she said, 'Come up here.'
(What prince is going to say no to that?)
So, he went up and she said, 'If you want to know if you're a true prince you have to sleep on 50 cushions and feel a pen. If you feel the pen you will be a true prince.'
So, at night he got 50 cushions and went to sleep and he didn't feel the pen.
So, he didn't fall in love, and the prince went to another place to find a different idea."

Having read that, I think I could safely say that the fairy tales we are familiar with were not written by little boys! I mean, hey, when you're nine years old who wants love and princesses anyway? I think they'd rather go and find a different idea... like Darth Vader and light sabers and cool stuff like that...

10 comments:

The Ascanios said...

Haha! That is so cute!

Aaron said...

Good for you, Tyler!

Rob said...

Because Star Wars was the best fairy tale ever!!!

Norris Fam said...

Couldn't he make the prince Hans and the princess Leia? He might suddenly become interested in the story...

Anonymous said...

I love your story Tyler.

Grammy Rae said...

Great voice!

sherry said...

Finding another idea is the best idea! Keep writing Tyler!

Kristen said...

That is hilarious - it started out just like a nice sweet fairy tale and then he decided he was having none of that and left! Love it :) Who wants little boys to be thinking about romance anyway!

Ann said...

Who wants to be a prince, anyway. Everybody else tries to tell them what to do, and then are never happy when they do it. There are better ideas for happiness. Great story, Tyler!

Rich and Julie said...

Julie writes:
I was reading this cute story out loud to the family and had just read the part of "If you feel the pen you will be a true prince" when Melissa blurted out "That would make a great movie!". She had been looking at a movie review at the time and had tuned out on my talking. On hearing our giggles she got confused and said, "Wait, what were you guys talking about?"
Well, maybe it would make for a great movie. I'd go see it if Tyler wrote it and directed it.