Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Happy Halloween!

Well, I suppose it is time for a Halloween post on the blog. We had a lot of fun Halloween festivities, and we now have way too much candy! Here are a few pre-Halloween photos. Here is our cute Sydney-cat...

And the real Tyler shines through...
Pumpkin-carving festivities...
Sydney's approach to scraping out the pumpkin guts, one seed at a time...


Here are the final products. I bought one of those pumpkin carving kits this year and it was a lot of fun (a bit more work, but the results were worth it). Sydney, Sam and Tyler all needed help carving theirs, but Spencer was quite pleased that he was able to do his all by himself. Pumpkins from left to right: Spencer, Sam, Tyler and Sydney.

After carving the pumpkins the kids chose caramel apples for a treat, something they haven't had very often...
I should have taken a picture of Sydney's apple after she was all done. I think she broke the skin of the apple in one tiny place, but of course the caramel was all gone!
And now, time for costumes!

Spencer looks a bit freaky for my taste (as an Alien Commander), Tyler was Optimus Prime (transformer, of course), Sam was our Star Wars representative and Sydney, a flower...
Inspecting the loot...
Oi! Way too much sugar!!!
I love watching the little ones at Halloween, "What a concept, I walk from door to door looking cute and people give me candy!!! Does it get any better!?"
On Sunday afternoon the boys dumped all their candy out again and counted and tallied it, Spencer taking scrupulous notes. About an hour later Spencer showed me what he had been creating on the computer: a pie graph with the distribution of all their candy and a Power Point presentation showing just how much the three boys managed to come away with. The grand total? 282 pieces of candy! (And this after they had already consumed plenty!!!!)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I sure hope they didn't end up with tummy aches. They all look so cute, and must have had a good time. I love the pumpkins, well done.

sherry said...

So fun. I love Halloween and all because of such cute kids like yours.

Grammy Rae said...

I'm sure you sewed each and every costume. You have created great memories. Fun!!

Ann said...

A pie graph and PowerPoint? Trust a future scientists to find a way to apply math and technology to Halloween. Way to go, kids! CUTE costumes and pumkins, too!

Anonymous said...

I think the kids stole the show. Maybe next year I should come for Halloween!

Allens, Inc. said...

Sam looks so much like you, Kelli (as far as I can see in the pictures), and Sydney is the spitting image of Steve, only girly with lots of gorgeous red hair. What a combo you two make!