Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Birthdays, Grandparents and Giant Baby

Well, it is Birthday Season at our house! Sam was the first up and we celebrated his Seventh birthday on September 11th. I can't believe how big his is getting!

Sam decided to celebrate his birthday with some of his awesome friends here at home. We had a fun "Phineas and Ferb" party (many of you probably have no idea what that even is). I figure it was a success because the kids were smiling and happy when they left, and I was exhausted.

Here is his cake, I painted it all by myself (okay, not really) and yes, they are odd looking individuals, I feel grateful that I do not have a triangle shaped head like Phineas...
Tyler is next up on the birthday agenda and turned the big 10, double digits! So, this is what a ten-year old looks like at our house...
Tyler was lucky because Grandma and Grandpa were here visiting during his birthday (somehow I missed documenting that in pictures). He got to choose to go out to dinner anywhere he wanted, and, much to Gma and Gpa's excitement (I'm sure) he chose McDonalds.
Tyler and his birthday cake (it's a fish if you can't tell)...

Tyler is never short on enthusiasm, you can always count on him to be excited and also grateful. Here is a picture of his gratitude for Spencer's gift... :)
Anyway, Happy Birthday Tyler and Sam, you are incredible boys!
As I said above, Grandma and Grandpa came and spent some time with us a few weeks ago. It is always so exciting to have them come. I made the mistake of telling Sydney they were coming about a month before they were actually scheduled to arrive, it was very hard for her to wait that long. Every day she would ask how many "sleeps" it would be before Grandma and Grandpa came. She even painted a picture of them in anticipation of their arrival...


Carter and Grandpa really hit it off. They seemed to understand each other and had many deep discussions that usually went something like this:
Grandpa: "Mwah"
Carter: "Bah
Grandpa: "Mwah"
Carter: "Bah"

Grandma spent much of her time here reading to Sydney. She was very patient as Sydney would bring her book after book, many of them the same stories she had already read several times before.

Grandma also let Sam teach her how to play Stratego, his favorite game. He won the first game in a matter of minutes, but only because he didn't explain any of the rules to her first (or the object for that matter). Grandma was a very good sport.
Grandpa was also a good sport and spent some time playing with Sydney and her dollhouse (believe me, that has a set of rules too). He got to be the Daddy, of course.

Carter also enjoys playing with the dollhouse. His favorite roll is as the Giant Baby who comes and reeks havoc and destruction, carrying off helpless babies in his massive jaws of terror...


I guess it is good that he is understanding his role as a brother even at his young age.

Thanks Mom and Dad! It was so fun to have you come, and so hard to let you go!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We had a fun time with kids, even reading the same book a dozen times. I can't believe how fast the time went. Sure love all of you.

sherry said...

I need another visit. I am sure that Nate will want to come back soon.