Thursday, February 24, 2011

Christmas Eve! Yes, I know I am late...

I realize it is almost March, and these are Christmas pictures that I am posting, but I don't want to miss these because it was such an awesome Christmas! The reason for it's "awesomeness" was this...
The absolute highlight of our Christmas was having my Mom and Dad join us. We had so much fun, and the kids were so excited they were here!
Christmas Eve holds a few traditions for us. One that seems to have evolved in the last few years is to go see a movie as a family. Mom and Dad were especially excited about this because they got the opportunity to see The Yogi Bear Movie (as voted for by the kids). While it was really a very silly movie, I did hear Mom laughing a few times, and the kids did enjoy it, so I guess all was not lost with that choice.
When we got home we made some sugar cookies so Santa wouldn't go hungry when he got to our house...





One fun thing this Christmas was teaching the boys how to play "Settlers". Spencer had played with us before, but it was new for Tyler and Sam. I was impressed at how well they all caught on, and I really enjoyed playing with them.
We are missing a few pictures here, such as the nativity that the kids did (even Carter participated). The best part of the night was Grandpa reading "The Night Before Christmas" and recording it in a special book for us. The kids listened to it over and over (and they will for years to come. That is really awesome!) Thanks to the elf who helped with that!

Decorating and eating (of course) yummy sugar cookies...

Then it was off to bed in great anticipation for the morning to come!
More fun Christmas pictures to come...

2 comments:

sherry said...

I miss little kids at Christmas time.

Anonymous said...

It was an amazing Christmas, sure had a fun time!