My sweet kids have now made it a tradition to make breakfast in bed for me on Mother's Day. The menu usually includes waffles with ice cream (Gordon family favorite), and the waffles are usually heart-shaped. I love it!

Steve decided to make a special Mother's Day cake, reminiscent of the cake he made for Mother's Day a couple of years ago, although this year's version was a little more stable. You can check out the Landslide Cake of 2009
here. This year's cake was called Lemon Drop Cake, and it was, of course, delicious. Steve had lots of helpers, including the ever-important "taste-testers"...

Mmmmm.... Good....

The first couple of layers filled with scrumptious lemon filling...

One more layer, and everything is still stable...

More taste-testing...

And, having received approval from the testers, Steve continued forward and covered the three-layer, yummy lemon-filled, absolutely fat-free (because we ate it on Mother's Day it contains no calories) beautiful cake with equally fat-free frosting...

And, the Masterpiece...

So yummy! I was one spoiled Mommy! Thanks guys!
2 comments:
You'll have to make one of those cakes when you get here. I'm sure it's also sugar free. What sweet kids you have.
That cake looks amazing! I might have to try to find a similar recipe!
Post a Comment