Friday, August 26, 2011

Summer Vacation... Lagoon and Zion's

Back to Summer vacation, I have to get that done, so I can get on to current events! After a great time up at the cabin, we enjoyed some time with family and friends, including a fun day at Lagoon with Kristin and Chuck and their girls. Somehow, I either didn't really take the pictures at Lagoon that I thought I did, or they got lost or deleted! But I can share with you a list of a few things we learned at Lagoon:
1. Don't start the day at Rattlesnake Rapids unless you want to spend the rest of the day slogging around in wet shoes!
2. Don't wear a hat on the Flying Aces ride, it might end up taking a flight of it's own.
3. Don't GO on the Flying Aces ride if you get motion sickness, as you might end up looking a little green in the face when you are done.
4. Don't pack the two bottoms to your swimsuit if you would like to visit Lagoona Beach. (Topless swimming is not encouraged there)
5. Don't be surprised if certain rides have a different effect on you than they did 20 years ago, you may be getting a little older and a little more fragile.
6. Do expect to have a riot if you are with the Jensens
7. Do expect your children to beg to go back again frequently.

After a very fun, but very short time in Utah, we got in the car again and headed down to Arizona. But, we couldn't just drive right by Zion National Park, so we planned to spend some time there on our way. Steve and I were very excited, the children on the other hand, just wanted to get to their cousins house. There were a few comments made about stopping just to look at some old rocks, but I think they really did have at least a little fun!
Zion's is one of my favorite places, I think it is gorgeous and I was so excited to be there again!
Here is the whole fam at Weeping Rock. See how happy they are to be there?
The kiddos...
Steve and the kids with the Hanging Gardens behind them...

I think the kids enjoyed the streams the most...
Steve enjoying the grandeur...

Funny, all that beautiful scenery, and I end up taking a bunch of pictures of my kids...


Well, at least I got some of my kids AND the scenery...

My boys were excited to see some cactus plants, but Sydney was scared to death of them. She wouldn't go anywhere near them unless Steve or I were holding her. So, when I decided I wanted to take this picture of the cactus, Sydney insisted on me leaving her at the top of the trail while I took the picture and then coming back up to get her to carry her down. Funny girl.

Well, that is a step in the right direction, but still more to come!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would rather see pictures of your kids than the scenery. It is beautiful but I love the kids more.