Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Trick or Treat!

Another Halloween here and gone, and we have the mountains of candy to show for it! We enjoyed having some nice weather last night for Trick or Treating, not too cold at all! This year we escorted one Roman Soldier, a Knight in Shining Armor, Rapunzel, A Skittle and a fearsome Dinosaur out and about the neighborhood.
IMG_7769
It is always fun to introduce a little one to the joys of Halloween and Trick or Treating. Carter seemed to actually enjoy wearing his costume, and he especially enjoyed receiving candy for his cuteness. By the end of the evening his bucket was getting heavy, but he was not about to let me hold it.
IMG_7758
IMG_7757
As a side note, I thought I would share a picture of Spencer's pumpkin. This took him several hours, but he muscled through and really enjoyed it. He came away with first prize at the Pumpkin contest at church.
IMG_7774
It was such a beautiful night, which made Trick or Treating lots of fun. We especially enjoyed having some special friends (Sydney's favorite friend Ella and her family) to go out with.
IMG_7781
IMG_7785
IMG_7788
IMG_7789
IMG_7797
And of course the sorting of the loot...
IMG_7804
IMG_7803
Carter really enjoyed this part! He loved the suckers especially because he could open those himself. He would open one, taste it, open another, taste that. Over and over...
IMG_7802
So much fun! Halloween may come with lots of sugar highs, but I absolutely love seeing kids running around in their costumes with huge smiles on their faces! Happy Halloween!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fun bunch of trick or treaters. Sure love them.

Rob said...

Looks like the last picture could make one of the coffee table books. I really like the angle.

Kristen said...

CJ was a dinosaur too :) and I love Spencer's pumpkin! I don't think I have ever attempted anything but a smiley face :) We are finally running out of candy here (I did put a bunch away for stocking though after the kids went to bed that first night - they don't even notice - and they don't notice that I end up eating most of the good candy bars while they are gone ;)

Paula said...

Awesome costumes, a wow-factor pumpkin by Spencer, and I love the new family picture. Very fun!