Tuesday, June 5, 2012

All For the Love of Raspberries

My poor husband...  I got into my head this spring that I really, really wanted to grow some raspberry bushes.  And that desire for raspberries turned into a huge re-configuring of our garden plot.  I won't go into details, but what was initially going to only take a few hours on a Saturday, turned into a two week project (par for course with this bunch.   Around here the phrase, "It should be pretty straight forward" is included in that Famous Last Words list.)
Because we firmly believe in child labor, we had our kids out hauling rocks, pushing the wheelbarrow, shoveling dirt, you name it.  While I didn't get any documented proof that the older boys helped, I will tell you now that they were a big help, it is nice when they get to the age that "helping" mom and dad does, in fact, actually help.
I did document the "help" that Sydney and Carter gave to our project (little ones get all the limelight, I know, I know...)
Part of our project was moving a bunch of dirt...
 IMG_9083
IMG_9085
IMG_9087
Carter tried the same process as Sydney...
IMG_9082
But it just wasn't working out for him.
IMG_9081
So, he came up with his own system.  He would pick up a clod of dirt, put it on his shovel...
IMG_9088
...and then he would push his shovel over to the big dirt pile where he would proudly deposit his offering...
IMG_9090
IMG_9098
And our final product...
 IMG_9215
Notice my bed of raspberries?  Now, hopefully they will grow and we won't kill them off!  It is nice to have a patient, sweet and hard working husband who doesn't wince too much when I say, "Hey, you know those shelves in the garage?  I've been thinking..."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

your garden looks great. Professional help from 2 great kids.

Tonya C. said...

Glad you have a good, patient husband also...! ;-)

sherry said...

You go girl!!! What is next on the agenda. Love this kind of stuff.

visio 2010 sale said...

Utilize the new features Microsoft visio 2010 download plus changes to be able to programmatically pimp out, not to mention open up Business office Visio 2010.Plus picture ones tailor made alternatives designed for intending and analysis. Place of work Visio 2010 Application Evolution Kit (SDK) can help unique Microsoft visio 2010 not to mention current Visio creative designers establish plans along with Work Visio 2010.Within Work Visio 2010 as well as Visio sucking command, you Visio 2010 may create custom-made data connectivity answers. Visio 2010 download