Wednesday, January 20, 2016

My Personal Photo Challenge- Week One


So here's my goal for the New Year, and just so you know it was a goal that was broken even before it was set (if that can be done).  For the year 2016 I would like to take one picture a day.  Now I know that this is not anything earth shattering, and that there are all kinds of "picture-a-day" challenges and so forth, but, I am going to go easy on myself and simply shoot (pardon the pun) for one picture a day.  My reasoning for this goal?  To continue using my camera and try to improve my photography, and more importantly, to focus each day on the little things that make life good.  I am going to try (oh how I am going to try) to post those pictures a week at a time on this blog (which no one really visits anymore, so it should be pretty safe:)).  As you can see, I am already behind, but not beaten yet!
 And the first week of my own picture taking challenge:


Day One, January 7
Day One actually gets two pictures.  I took these in the morning as I was getting my two little ones out the door.  I really wanted to capture Carter's cute, toothless grin!

I took this one because, well, how many times do we go through this little routine of getting reading each morning?   It may feel mundane now, but someday I may want to remember what this all looked like.  The backpacks, the coats, the buses and the "waiting for brother".
Day Three, January 9 (yes, I already missed a day, but I did have two pictures for the first day!) 
Mr. Carter took it all upon himself to shovel the driveway! He actually did a pretty great job too!  
Day Four, January 10
This was a bitter cold day here in Illinois. This was my attempt at showing that!


Day Five, picture two
Sydney and I tried to battle the cold by making hot, steamy rolls! YUM!

Day Six, January 12 (yes, another skipped day)
Had to capture the morning practice time, bedhead and all!

Day Six, Picture two (which will have to make up for the lack of a Day Seven)
I have always loved this little girl's long fingers and pretty hands.

Okay, there is week one.  Not perfect, but an effort.  I realized from looking through this first week that one might assume that I only have two children.  I am going to work on getting the others on film too! (Little ones are much more compliant where posing for pictures is concerned!)




2 comments:

Lindsea said...

I am excited to see your pictures! I loved these!

Anonymous said...

Did you get a new camera? Great goal. My goal this year is just to try to keep, keeping up with my blog. I printed one year of my blog and the kids love reading the stories. I need to write more of the little things they say and do - the things, years later, that they will laugh about. Hope you guys are well! Sure miss you!