I was our original blog editor but I haven't posted for a really long time. You've already seen pictures of some of our holiday fun but what you haven't seen is the food that made us fat(er) this holiday. We made Gnocchi's and Honey Taffy. Gnocchi are these small potato pasta noodles that I remember from my mission (Paraguay). The Paraguayan's got the food from their neighbors in Argentina (where my sister Ann served) so it's now become an annual tradition when she comes to visit. The noodles are really cool - a mixture of potato and flour rolled into a ball and then shaped over a fork or a special grooved wooden Gnocchi tool. It's a ton of work but they are really yummy served with a tomato sauce - also from Argentina. Here are some pictures from the fun.
Growing up we also made Honey Taffy so now its also become a favorite with the kids. Basically you combine honey sugar and some other stuff - cook it until its super hot, and then stretch it with your fingers - YIKES - until its cool and airy. Hmmm - we love the holiday food.
7 comments:
I remember pulling a lot of taffy in high school, especially for young womens. Ann looks good. It would be great to be there the same time and catch up.
we so need to do this on our next girls trip....with all the things I want to do with everyone we will have to plan at least 2 weeks....haha...Looks good and fun.
NOQUIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My favorite food from Argentina, along with the steak that they would serve them with! Awesome work guys!
Hey I remember making honey taffy when I was a kid, only we didn't always pull it, it was good just to suck. I'm all for a fun get together any time.
We need to do a get together that mom actually gets to come to this time. New Years was fun. Thanks.
What a fun tradition! Looks super yummy and I seriously doubt anyone got fatter at your house!
I used to love pulling taffy - I need to get the recipe and do it with my kids! They would love it and so would I! Looks like fun times!
Post a Comment