Friday, May 15, 2009

Graduation Day!

After much hard work, fortitude and diligent effort, Sam has taken a very important step forward in his pursuit of education and excellence. On Wednesday, May 13, Samuel Ross Gordon joined the Channahon Park District Preschool Graduating Class of 2009.
(Yes, that is a very fancy cap and gown, Spencer was a little digruntled that when he graduated from preschool he did it in a garbage bag, Mom feels that he was just as cute.)
Unfortunately graduation day brought stormy skies and sheets of rain, thus the reason for Sydney's wet appearance. Here she is waiting in anticipation for the graduates grand entrance, and aspiring to one day be a preschool graduate just like Sam.


And here they come, marching to the familiar strains of "Pomp and Circumstance." There is something about that song that always makes me teary. If I can get that way at Preschool graduation, I fear I am going to be a mess at High School Graduations. (This made me think of you RaeAnne!)

After a few recitations and musical selections including "Hello Everybody", and "Tiny Seed" the graduates received their much awaited diplomas.

And here they are, Ms. Jolene's 2008-2009 preschool class.

Sam and his awesome teacher, Ms. Jolene.

And Sam's most favorite friend Colin. Oh how Sam loves Colin!!!


Congratulations Sam!! You are an inspiration to us all!!!

7 comments:

Aaron said...

Congrats Sam!!

Dena said...

Wow, what a celebration!

And your blog looks so good! :)

P.S. We want to see you guys sometime this summer...I think I need to start scheming...

Anonymous said...

I can't believe they do so much for preschool graduation, how wonderful. I can imagine how it must have made you all feel. That song brings tears to my eyes also. We love you Sam and are so proud of you.

sherry said...

Kelli actually high school is so much easier. You are so glad they are finally "grown up" or at least close to being not a teenager. well not totally true but Sam is so cute and who would not want a pre-schooler?

Grammy Rae said...

Wow, I don't think I've ever seen such a production. I'll send a link to our preschool teacher. I'd love to see where the money for those gorgeous graduation gowns would come from. Sydney looked like she had fun.

Norris Fam said...

Wow! They go all out at that preschool, how fun!

He looks like he's practically ready for college :)

Kelli said...

RaeAnne, I'll tell you where the money for the gowns came from... the parents. But, I guess we'll keep it in the Halloween bucket for future costume use.