At the end of June we began our yearly pilgrimage down I-80 on our way to Utah. This year we stopped for a night in Ankeny, IA, as Steve had some work to do there. While Steve was working, the kids and I toured some old stomping grounds, one of which being the Des Moines Zoo. It was fun to be in Ankeny again, we absolutely loved living there.
Sydney was excited to go to the Zoo, but really there were only three things she was interested in. The penguins...

the train...


and the flamingos. She was really only excited about flamingos because she has a shirt with flamingos on it (fashion is everything, right?).

Carter was excited to see the inside of his hat. He spent a good hour or so asleep like this...

If my scanner worked I would show you a picture of Spencer by this very same hippo, but looking a lot smaller (Spencer, not the hippo). We made many trips to this zoo when we lived there.

Carter did finally wake up and enjoy a few of the sights.

This is only a small portion of our Trek to Utah. More to come! (I know, I know, the suspense...)
3 comments:
What cute kids. Looks like they liked the zoo.
I am on pins and needles waiting so don't take too long. I am impressed you went to the zoo on your own. Good girl.
I enjoyed Ankeny when we were there, but not as much as the people we were there to visit.
Post a Comment