Sydney celebrated her fourth birthday back in October. Her birthday fell on a Wednesday which means Scouts around here, and no Daddy, Spencer or Tyler. So Sam, Carter and I sang Happy Birthday to Sydney and celebrated with some little bug cakes. Sydney was a really good sport.


Saturday found us at the corn maze for a real Family Birthday Celebration. Here we are at the beginning of the maze. We try to be normal, but it is just too difficult...

and off we go...

Dead end...

Still happy and enthusiastic, and still trying to find our way out...

Still searching for the exit...

We walked and walked. The boys started making X's in the dirt at the intersections we had already been at in an effort to help us find our way. The only problem with that was the mean old man who kept wiping out the X's. Who would do such a thing? Probably the same man who forked over the cash to get everyone in in the first place. I think he wanted to make sure he got his moneys worth. After walking and walking we actually ended up at the beginning again. This time Spencer had a plan... we would always follow the left wall and eventually we would make it out of the maze.
Within 2 minutes we had found the exit...

Yay! We did it!

A photo op... Can't tell you how long it took to get this picture! Ever heard the expression, "like herding cats"?

After our fun at the farm, we went home to open gifts and eat cake. Here is our beautiful princess twirling, and twirling, and twirling...

The princess with her castle...


Of all my kids, it seems the hardest to watch Sydney get older. Maybe I have felt this way with all of them, but I really wish she would just slow down. Happy Birthday Sydney, I love you!
4 comments:
We all need her to stay little, being the only girl in so long, we need the princess to stay for a long time. The cake is gorgeous, good job mom!!!
What great fun family days you have. It makes me miss my little ones. Happy Birthday Sydney!
I'm glad you finally made it out of that maze. Looks like a fun time. Just keep enjoying the blessing of your family, they are wonderful.
I love your cake. I remember the mazes they are so fun. My kids don't seem to feel that way anymore. They will again when their kids get older.
Post a Comment