Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Halloween Fun

Halloween has come and gone, but the candy lives on forever. One of my friends told me that Halloween makes kids independent, because after Halloween they fix their own breakfast, lunch and dinner. What a profound truth.
We had a busy, but very exciting Halloween weekend with Steve's work party, a Trunk-R-Treat, and a Halloween party here at home. But, first things first, the costumed children...

For weeks before Halloween, Sydney had her Princess Dress out and was ready for the big day, but when I pulled out the Costume box she changed her mind and decided to be the Pooh Bear Pumpkin, which really only just fit. She was quite excited with her choice...

Tyler also decided early, and went for Harry Potter. I think he was most excited about being able to "dye" his hair. I thought he made a very good Harry, and I finally got my dark-haired child for a day.

Sam was feeling robotic this year and sported a lot of tin foil. This picture was taken at the school Halloween Parade which goes right by our house, pretty convenient, and lots of fun.


Spencer chose to be a Wizard this year and made his own hat...

Carter didn't get a choice, Mom just kept putting this fuzzy outfit with a really obnoxious hat on him. But, he knows when he's cute and hammed it up pretty good, resulting in lots of attention and smiles...
Saturday night we had a raucous party with lots of fun people. As part of the fun we decorated haunted houses (thanks to Sherry for the awesome idea)...
I love this picture of James, doesn't he look dapper...





And, last but not least, the yearly sorting of the candy bag. Last year Spencer made a graph on the computer with all of his totals, that's the kind of math we really enjoy around here.

4 comments:

Tonya C. said...

Looks like fun! The concept of inviting people into our home is foreign to us. Are you sure you are related to Blake?!! ;-)

Anonymous said...

uSuch cute costumes, they all look so cute. Just want to give them all a big hug.

Dena said...

I do love that picture of James..haha. It was a fun weekend! I think I need to update my blog, don't ya think?

sherry said...

This is why I love Halloween! The cute kids:)