As I eluded to before, the only thing my kids cared about in Arizona was their cousins. So, being the lucky girl that I am, my husband dropped me off in Sedona to be with my sisters and parents, and he took the kids on to Phoenix to see the Fords (minus Jenni who was with me... yes that equates to Steve and Jim and 10 kids, good men aren't they?).
Sedona was awesome, except for when I was practically carried away to my death by a wasp, but that is a different story. Steve took our camera with him, so I have no pictures of Sedona, (this seems to be the theme for my summer vacation) but take my word for it, it was a blast.
After a few very relaxing days in Sedona, we decided to meet up with the kids and the husbands at Montezuma's Castle to take a look around. This is how we were greeted...

He looked a lot bigger in person, and apparently this guy is pretty dangerous, like poisonous. In Jenni's words, "The Flora and Fauna in Arizona are not friendly."
Montezuma's Castle is a pretty cool place, I wish we could have actually climbed up inside it, minus the children, but instead we just got to look at it from down below.

The best part was, of course, the company...

Oh, how we miss the Fords! It was so fun to spend some time (way too short) with them.
2 comments:
I think my favorite part of this post was seeing pictures of Carter walking! He sure is growing up.
I keep forgetting to check on your blog when I'm logged in. I enjoyed the recap of your summer, and I so wish I could have been there for the peaceful night in Sherry's back yard
Post a Comment