Thursday, February 2, 2012

Parades and Snow, But Not at the Same Time

One year ago today we were hunkered down in our house enjoying cinnamon rolls, games and 18 inches of snow. We lovingly call that Snowpocalypse. Yesterday and today we have enjoyed 50 degree weather with a touch of spring in the air. While we haven't had much snow this winter, and none right now, we have received enough to get some cute pictures. Our first snowfall came weeks after Christmas and seeing as we never had any snow for the Jolly Holiday, I felt like I should set the Christmas tree up all over again. That snowstorm only awarded us a sprinkling of snow, but it was enough for one little girl to get excited and head out to make snowmen...
IMG_8471
In case you couldn't tell, that little pile of snow with the carrot sticking out of it is Sydney's first snowman of the season. It was the best we could do.
A little while later we got some more serious snow, and Carter enjoyed his first ever outing in the snow, you know, with boots, mittens, snowpants, hat, etc. I quite enjoyed watching him try to maneuver in all of his gear.
IMG_8484
"This stuff is cool"...
IMG_8489
IMG_8490
Carter did the standard, take 15 minutes to get ready, go out and play for five, and then head on in for hot chocolate. It was a pretty cold day. But hey, he got to throw some snow and tromp around in his cool boots.
In other news, we got the distinct privilege of attending Sydney's "Teddy Bear Parade" at school. All of the students were instructed to decorate a box (like a float) and come to school in their jammies, with their teddy bear of choice. Not sure why Sydney chose the bear she did, as there are lots of others she plays with more, but what do ya do? Sydney loved decorating her box, and looked forward to this day for a week. Here are the boys anxiously awaiting the parade (Sydney's friend Ella goes to preschool with her, and this is her little brother Logan).
IMG_8472
And here they come! Teddy bears on parade! Do you get a more excited looking little girl? I don't think so!
IMG_8474
IMG_8475
IMG_8479
If you look all the way to the left you can see Ella with her giant unicorn. Ah, the things we do for our kids!
IMG_8481
Sorry you all had to miss the big parade, you most certainly would have enjoyed it!

4 comments:

Grammy Rae said...

Yay!! I can see your blog again in good time!! I love the idea of a teddy bear parade. I wonder how fifth graders would like that?

Anonymous said...

Pre school kids have all the fun. I never got to go to school in my pj's. Snow has been real scarce here also. Such cute kids. Love them.

Ann said...

Great snowman, Sydney! I haven't made one yet this year.

MaryAnn said...

So glad you found my blog! And I am SO happy to get to read yours. Steve gave me the address when we saw him, but when I tried, it was private and I just never got around to asking for an invite.
We miss you guys too! We need to talk! Are you hanging in there? I hope you are doing okay!