Sunday, August 24, 2008

The people have spoken, and the results are...

For those of you who voted regarding Sydney's hair, you may view the results below.  We believe in democracy and following the people's voice.  So, because the majority felt that Sydney needed a new "do", and because the majority did not trust me to supply her with that "do", Sydney had a day out at the salon.  I must say that we did not put her through the pain of a brow wax, her own natural color is perfect enough without the highlights, and the pedicure happens about every other day when she sees Mom's nail polish and begs for a new color on her cute toes (she did attempt her own pedicure at one point, but that is quite another story).  So, here is the unveiling of Sydney's new look, let me know what you think.
It is impossible to get a normal smile out of Sydney.  You either have to catch her unawares, or just get lucky.  Otherwise you get something like this below.  I said, "Say cheese, Sydney"  which she did. (Obviously not the way to get a normal smile from her.)
   
Here is the first day of school.  Despite all of the complaining about having to go back, they were pretty excited that morning, and very happy and talkative on their way home after school.  I think it will be a good year.
 
And here is Tyler's backpack, you'd think he was off to college wouldn't you.  Steve supposes we could probably fit Tyler inside it.    

5 comments:

Jenni said...

I love Syd's hair even if it makes her look a little more grown up. Have fun at school boys!!

Norris Fam said...

Kelli...will you guys please move right next door to us! My girls would love to play with those cute kiddos of yours!

Love the new do & the backpack :)

(I'm serious about being neighbors, are ya' up for it?)

Kelli said...

In a heartbeat Carrie! Just find Steve a job and we are there!

Kristen said...

Hey Kelli :) I came across your blog site while looking at Dena's. So cute! I love the pictures of Sydney's hair a couple of posts ago and I think that the new do looks adorable. Tyler's backpack is hilarious also. He sure will be strong by the end of the year!

Dena said...

Hey we should have gotten a picture of the boys playing olympics last night and of Kaylee and Sydney playing school! I do like Sydney's hair. :)