Friday, January 8, 2010

Concert Time!

I am really in a blogging slump, but I don't think I am the only one. I am going to try to do better, but we won't expect too much with a "little interruption" coming in a couple of weeks...

The big event this week was Spencer's Holiday Concert (which was rescheduled from December because of weather). Spencer is in Fifth Grade Band and he plays the clarinet, and I think he is really enjoying it. So, Wednesday night we ventured out to the Intermediate School for a great musical event...
I was surprised how big the fifth grade band is, here they are playing sweet music...

You might be able to pick Spencer out in this picture, doesn't he look so musical?! I was really impressed with how well this band is doing! And, especially considering they hadn't practiced since Dec. 15th! I thought we would hear a lot of squeeky instruments, but I really didn't hear much squeeking at all!
Here is a little sample of the concert. This is "Jolly Old St. Nicholas"...




After the kids were done playing, they each got to pick a parent or adult to come and learn to play a song. Spencer asked Steve to give it a try...And then the parents got to perform for everyone... Here is an exclusive video of The Parents Band, the picture isn't great, but at least you can enjoy the beautiful music...

6 comments:

Grammy Rae said...

I love the idea of getting the parent involved! How much fun that would be. Glad to see you back.

sherry said...

Love the post. I am with Rae Anne love the parent participation. Spencer you are a musician!

Anonymous said...

Spencer your great. I think Steve needs to go back to the guitar, he is doing great there.

Ann said...

Ah, the good old days of band. Spencer, you have your Dad beat, hands down! Can I borrow your clarinet when I come visit?

Rachel said...

What a fun idea! Tell Spencer he doesn't have to worry too much about the competition! Good luck with the Big Event! Can't wait to meet him in May!

Norris Fam said...

What a funny video! That was hilarious!