Monday, September 29, 2008

A Big Day for Tyler!

Tyler had a big day on Saturday!  Not only was it his birthday, but he was also baptized! And he played a soccer game as well (may I put in here that he played awesome and scored a goal!!!  This made his already overly-emotional mother cry!)

Tyler and his cousin Tyson.  These two boys are just two days apart in age.   Jenni and Jim came down for Tyler's baptism on Saturday, and then we all went up to Wisconsin for Tyson's baptism on Sunday.  What an awesome way to spend the weekend.
After a wonderful baptism, we had a barbeque at our house.  I wish all of our family could have been here, but we were very grateful that Grandma and Grandpa could come out, and grateful once again that Jenni and Jim live so close, what would we do without them?  We had a lot of support from good friends and members of our ward as well, I was amazed at how many people would give up their Saturday to come and be with us!  It was an awesome day!


Happy Birthday Tyler!





4 comments:

sherry said...

Congrats Tyler. You are an awesome kid. Wish I was there and looks like you had Chicago Hot Dogs

Norris Fam said...

Kallie got baptized on her birthday too and she had an overly-emotional crazy mother there as well! I wish I could freeze these kids right where they are, I'm loving this stage of life!

Dena said...

It was really fun being able to share this with your family! Jonah was very enthusiastic about getting baptized after he saw Tyler. He had never seen a baptism before and I could tell it impressed him.

MaryAnn said...

Congrats to Tyler! It looks like it was a really great day. He is so stinkin cute!
Anna turns 8 next summer, and it just doesn't seem possible that she will be getting baptized. She was just a baby!